I completed my PhD studies in Computer Engineering at Sharif University of Technology. My research focuses on Simulation of Social Networks. Main challenges of this research are: social network generation methods and software models for social network simulation.
- Social Network Simulation
- Social Networks
- Data Mining
- Information Retrieval
- Agent-based Social Simulation
- PhD in Computer Engineering Sharif University of Technology September 2009 - March 2015 GPA: 17.02/20 Thesis: Social Network Simulation Under supervision of Professor. Ali Movaghar and Dr. Jafar Habibi
- MSc in computer engineering Sharif University of Technology September 2006 – January 2009 GPA: 17.18/20 Thesis: Search Results Clustering Under supervision of Dr. Hassan Abolhassani
- BSc in computer engineering University of Tehran September 2001 – July 2006
- High School and College Diploma Exceptional Talents (NODET) AllameHelli College, Tehran, Iran. September 1997 - July 2001 2001
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Jafar Habibi, and Ali Movaghar, "Feature Extraction from Degree Distribution for Comparison and Analysis of Complex Networks,” The Computer Journal, Oxford University Press, 2015. (Journal ERA Ranking: A*, Impact Factor: 0.89) [Link] [Preprint]
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Sadegh Motallebi, Sina Rashidian, Jafar Habibi, and Ali Movaghar, "Towards a Size-Independent Distance Metric for Topological Comparison of Complex Networks,” Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science 25.2 (2015). (Journal ERA Ranking: A*, Impact Factor: 2.19) [Preprint]
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Sadegh Motallebi, Sina Rashidian, Jafar Habibi, and Ali Movaghar, "Noise-Tolerant Model Selection and Parameter Estimation for Complex Networks,” Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, 2015. (Journal ERA Ranking: A, Impact Factor: 1.72) [Link] [Preprint]
- Sadegh Motallebi, Sadegh Aliakbary, and Jafar Habibi, "Generative Model Selection Using a Scalable and Size-Independent Complex Network Classifier," Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science 23.4 (2013). (Journal ERA Ranking: A*, Impact Factor: 2.19) [Link] [Preprint]
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Jafar Habibi, and Ali Movaghar "Quantification and Comparison of Degree Distributions in Complex Networks," 7th International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST 2014), Tehran, Iran (2014). [PDF]
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Jafar Habibi, "A Proactive Database System and its Query Language for Social Network Simulation," Proceedings of 8th Conference of the European Social Simulation Association (ESSA2012), Salzburg, Austria (2012). [PDF]
- Zahra Masdarolomoor, Reza Azmi, Sadegh Aliakbary, Noshin Riahi, "Finding Community Structure in Complex Networks Using Parallel Approach, "9th International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC), Melbourne, Australia (2011), pp. 474-479. [PDF]
- Zahra Masdarolomoor, Sadegh Aliakbary, Reza Azmi, Noshin Riahi, "Distributed Community Detection in Complex Networks, "Third International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, 2011, pp. 281-286.
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Hassan Abolhassani, “Search Results Clustering Using Web Directory” (Persian), the 15th Annual CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2010).
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Hassan Abolhassani, Hossein Rahmani, Behrooz Nobakht, “Web Page Classification Using Social Tags” , IEEE 2009 International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, pp. 588-593. [PDF]
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Mahdi Khayyamian and Hassan Abolhassani, “Using Social Annotations for Search Results Clustering”, The 13th Int'l CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2008), Sharif University of Technology, March 9-11, 2008, Kish Island, Persian Gulf, Iran, pp. 976-980.
- Sadegh Aliakbary, Seyed Jalal Kazemitabar, Hossein Hodjat, Hamidreza Amouzegar, Mahdi Dashtbozorgi, Mahdy Khayyamian, Hamid Bagheri. "Using Artificial Neural Networks for Pass Evaluation", RoboCup 2003, the 7th International Competitions and Conference, Padua/Italy, July 2003.
Avan Software Technology Advisors
(2013 - Now)
Quality Assurance Manager
Tehran Municipality Data-warehouse Project (2012 - 2013)
Team Leader. Miad AndishehSaz (2010 - 2012)
Software Architect, Document Manager. TA Pasargad (2009 - 2010) Software Designer, Senior Developer
Avan Software Technology Advisors (2005 - 2009) Software Designer, Senior Developer
Douran Software Technologies (2005)
Software Group (2003 - 2005) Software Developer
- Teacher of “Database” course, department of computer engineering, K.N.Toosi University of Technology, fall 2014 and spring 2015 (two semesters).
- Teacher of “Advanced Programming course in Java”, department of computer engineering, Sharif University of Technology, fall 2010-fall 2012 (five semesters).
- Teacher of “Design and Evaluation of Health Information Systems”, A graduate course in Paramedical College of Shahid Beheshti University, spring 2010.
- Teacher of “Computer Programming and Algorithm” courses, Allame Helli (NODET) High School (4 years), 2003-2007.
- Teacher of Java Programming and Enterprise Web Application Development workshops (Tosan, Avan, Navaco, and Tamin corporations).
- Web Programming, spring 2012, Sharif University of Technology, Instructor: Dr. Ramtin Khosravi.
- Decision Support Systems, fall 2011, Sharif University of Technology, Instructor: Dr. Habibi.
- Modern Information Retrieval, TA in four semesters: fall 2010, spring 2009, fall 2009, spring 2008; Sharif University of Technology, Instructor: Dr. Abolhassani.
- Data Mining, fall 2009, Sharif University of Technology, Instructor: Dr. Abolhassani.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI), fall 2004, University of Tehran, Instructor: Dr. Faili.
- Advanced Algorithm Design, fall 2004, University of Tehran, Instructor: Dr. Rostamabadi.
To visit the gathered and generated network datasets, see the Complex Network Datasets page.
Honors and Awards
- 2009: PhD admission from Sharif University of Technology.
- 2006: Ranked 4th in "National Entrance Exam for M.Sc. Studies" in Information Technology major, among more than 8'000 BSc students.
- 2006: Ranked 52th in "National Entrance Exam for M.Sc. Studies" in Software Engineering major, among more than 9'000 BSc students.
- 2001: Ranked 502th in "National Entrance Exam for BSc Studies" among more than 500'000 high school students.
- 2000: Semifinalist of National Computer Olympiad.
- 2000: Semifinalist of National physics Olympiad.
- 1997: Qualified in "National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents (NODET)" entrance examination.